The Apex Predator was designed for your hardcore hunters who need match grade precision when it counts. The heart of this rifle comes from our proven Marksman line but with a few modifications. We got with some of our pro staff that are competition predator and hog hunters to get their wants and needs out of a hunting rifle to make them more successful in the field. The feedback we got was some control modifications, different cartridge offerings, suppressor ready, new stock options and a Law Tactical AR Folding Stock Adapter. We removed the Phase 5 Battery assist lever commonly found on our marksman series rifles, to make room in the trigger guard for heavy gloves. In lieu of the phase 5 lever; we will be offering these rifles with Geissele and FCD bolt catches (due to supply chain issues, we will offer both) This will aide in weapon manipulation when the user is wearing the aforementioned winter gloves. The stock options we've selected offer the end user adjust-ability while keeping the rearward weight to a minimum. When you pair these stock options with a Law Tactical Folding stock adapter you get a very compact, robust, and very end user adjustable setup; just unfold and go to work. The Sgt of Arms ARCA Handguard comes standard on this model; we've found that the dovetail across the bottom not only is good for its intended purpose with ARCA-SWISS tripod setups, but also to provide a flat surface to set the rifle on when a tripod mount is not present (IE a sandbag on a deerstand or fence post) Collectively we have been field testing these rifles most of last year, and continue to do so almost weekly. They have preformed flawlessly in the field; successfully harvesting everything from coyotes, hogs, deer and more. We have selected calibers that have a wide selection of fur friendly bullets.
- ARCA Handguard- Made from 6063 T3 Aluminum. This is a one piece free float design with a integrated ARCA on the bottom of the handguard. You can fit up to a 1.5" outside diameter suppressor in the handguard. Has quick disconnect sockets on the front and rear on each side of the handguard. Comes in 15.5" and 17.5" options.
- JP LMOS- (Low Mass Operating System) reduces felt recoil and less movement during cycling to aid in shooter being able to stay on target. This carrier has 100% bearing surface to aid in smoother operation. These are made from stainless steel and have a polished finished.
- JP SCS- (Silent Capture Spring) provides consistent lockup paired with the JP LMOS. This system design eliminated friction that standard buffer assemblys have. This in turn results in exceptional smoothness and reduced sound.
- Hiperfire Eclipse- Clean crisp single stage trigger with exceptional hammer strenght and quick lock up time. These triggers are Electroless Nickel Boron (NiB). Has a straight trigger bow with a hipershoe finger pad. This allows for consistent placment of your finger everytime.
- Forward Controls Design ASF-50Q- (Ambidextrous Selector,) A 50° short throw that is smooth and very durable being made with 4140 steel. Very minimal movement of the levers so you know forsure what position it is in without looking. Gives the end user the ablilty to run the levers on either side and either length for ultimate comfort to fit the shooter style of shooting.
- Forward Controls Design EMR-(Enhanced Mag Release) designed with a slight curved face that fits the natural curve of your finger. Either option of serrations or dimpled will help keep the finger centered on the button with add grip. Made from 4140 steel.
- Forward Controls 1210KM- These keymo brakes are a single chamber brake, with a baffle like chamber forward of the ports. The tines on top and bottom that connect the Keymo mount to the front chamber are of symmetrical, we think a smaller/thinner top tine to force more gas upward is unnecessary.
- Forward Controls Design CNF- (Castle Nut) This castle nut was chosen for one main reason. It offers the abilty when staking to displace more material into the notches by being longer and deeper. Made from billet machined 4140 PH steel.
- Forward Controls Design ESF-H-(End plate, Sling Adapter) Added adjustability with three quick detach sling swivel sockets. With running the B5 stock you can fully collapse the stock and still take advantage of the rear QD socket. This is a very durable end plate made from 4140 steel.
- Forward Controls Design ABC/R v3- (Augmented Bolt Catch/Release) Offers an angled and larger top paddle along with a larger lower paddle. The paddles both have a slight outward facing angle. This makes it easier to get your fingers on the paddles to seamless magazine changes. Offered in both serrations and dimples for added grip and ergonomics. These are made from billet 8620 alloy steel.
- T-Box Barrel- High end match grade barrels that produce .5 moa groups with supporting quality parts. Barrels are 416R stainless, button cut 5R rifling, and hand lapped. A headspaced bolt is provided with the barrel. These barrels are custom cut to order, with the highest QC in the industry.
- Ergo grip- For a more ergonomical grip over a standard hard polymer grip. This grip is made from rubber and is very comfortable.
GEISSELLE SSA-E - (Super Semi-Automatic Enhanced) Curved two stage trigger with a strong and tactile reset. Makes for accurate shooting at longer distances when prepping the trigger for the shot. The curved design helps keep your finger on the same place of the trigger for consistent engagement when pulling the trigger. 1st stage is 2.3lbs and the 2nd stage is 1.2lbs. Trigger pin diameter is .154.
B5 Precision Stock- The B5 Systems Collapsible Precision Stock takes all the stability of a fixed stock and combines it with the versatility of an adjustable carbine stock. It features the same durable polymer build quality and fitment that B5 stocks are known for and won’t rattle when attached to your carbine length mil-spec buffer tube due to the internal tensioners.
- Cerakote- This is a added option. Cerakote is a ceramic based finish that is resistant to abrasion, wear, corrosion and chemicals. Offered in many colors, it add a personalized touch to your rifle.